Thursday, April 9, 2009

Joy, life goes on....


Our son from Maine called last evening about the lost of Grandpa. He was a breath of fresh of air to our spirits. He can't come to Iowa for the funeral but he told of his plans about their wedding at sunrise on a hill in Acadia National Park this summer. I could see my wife smiling and I thought yea, I am smiling, as the plans of the two young people getting married is joyful. He was describing that a maximum of ten people can be there and we will be overlooking the ocean with the sunrise and we just are so looking forward to that. After losses of family members it makes you aware of life patterns. I start to notice that new babies are born, people getting married, children playing and it shows the cycle of life continues. The funeral for Della's dad is Friday and then some of the healing and rest will begin.

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Young people seem to have that talent of taking our minds off things. It's a good thing.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad and difficult time, although I cannot help but think, it was a life well-lived.

claude said...

Thanks for you kind words on my blog. I see here life is sad but your are right, life goes on. My grandma died five year ago. she was 101 and 3 months YO.

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.