Saturday, December 5, 2009

The fair revistited..........





We headed to the shed where the chickens, roosters and  doves were to be showing.  We missed it as they were moved out and the rabbits were being moved in for judging.  There was a large variety of rabbits and some of the owners had for sale signs on some of the cages.  I suppose the multiply a lot right?  Our neighbor lady yelled across the yard and said she had six new baby kittens.  They multiply like rabbits too.  I had thought she had all of her animals taken care of but I guess the outside cats missed the trip to the vet.  Barney said no to any new cats. Back to this rabbit, I would like this guy as he looks like he is a serious thinker.




At the horse show we saw this beauty.  I can't spell the name so I will leave that alone.  It is the largest horse at the show.  Percheron is the name of the breed, I looked it up on google.  As I was writing this I was thinking of the similarities or differences of these two wonderful animals, and they both eat about the same diet.  Green plants and grains are the basic diet of both.  I know we think that rabbits eat rabbit food, but it is made out of grains and green plants, just like the horses with oats, corn, or pellet food.   They both are vegetarians and to think of the differences that comes from that nutrition . 

5 comments:

Sunny said...

I love lop eared bunnies, soooo cute! The Percheron is magnificent. As far as diet, I could afford to feed the bunny!
Have a lovely Sunday, hope you have a chance to relax.
Sunny :)

Anonymous said...

Larry,
The bunnies are so cute. The horse is just unbeliavable I can't believe how big his feet (hooves)are!
I love going to the fair it's so much fun.
vickie

Valerie said...

The picture of the rabbit in the cage is very good, although I hate seeing animals behind bars. Oh Yea, rabbits sure do multiply. Some day I'll write about my experience. Thought the horse was lovely.

Ezhilan said...

I like the fur ball like rabbit and the big and elegant black horse. It's nature's wonder, which produces two different creatures with the same type of nutrition.

Gigi Ann said...

Oh yes, the rabbit is a thinker, he is thinking, 'how can I get out of this cage and meet that cute little rabbit across the room?'

The horse is a beauty, I don't recall ever seeing this breed before, but than why would I? I don't go to fairs. LOL.....

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...