Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday's Whimsy.......



The old and the new designs.  The little pinguin is not a traditional figure in the history of ornaments, but he makes a great looking glass blown decoration.  The pine cone seen in the photo is not very old but what I like about it is that is based on the traditional shape of the antique babbles of old.  I really enjoy the bubble lights but they really don't rank as antique as a lot of ornaments do. One can still get on to ebay and find the original bubble lights with their yellow and green electric cords as well as old bulbs.  I would not want to trust that old wiring.




The horse is also not old but it's old rocking horse look is neat, with all the toys down below it's legs.  I am sure it was painted on an assembly line far away from this continent.  The gold and white ornament is an old one.  It actually is a bad rendition of a mushroom.  If they had put a handle on it, it could of been a pint with foam on it.   I still haven't had time to get my tree into it's final location, but today may be the day.  I blog on my work break and am still framing pictures.

8 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

You have such a wonderful collection. It is great to see them.

Anonymous said...

I love your ornaments. The bubble light brought back memories of my childhood oh so many years ago when we had those lights on our tree. :) Lovely.

claude said...

Very nice Christmas ornaments, Larry ! I am sure your Christmas tree is very beautiful.

Sunny said...

A previous post of yours inspired me to buy a new glass blown ornament yesterday. While putting it on the tree, I dropped it and watched as it shattered into a gazillion pieces :(
I love your bubble lights.
Sunny :)

L. D. said...

I dropped one yesterday and it didn't break into so many pieces, but enough for me to toss it. I may put a floor rug in front of it for the season, and hope it will bounce.

Linda said...

I'm sure there is a market somewhere for Christmas tree ornaments of pints with foam on them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love the look of these ornaments..but they are fragile..I caved and bought one more this year..a special one for Far Guy! (A Circus Wagon)it is beautiful!!
I have a set of bubble lights..actually I bought them for Far Guy..we only let them bubble a little..this year they are not on the tree but are in a different Christmas Scene that I will blog about soon, They get really hot. I melted one..it is all misshapen..so I do not trust them old or new..:)

The Retired One said...

I LOVE bubble lights...we used to have them on our tree and I went out to find them about 10 years ago and there were none to be found...no ebay then either..found them at an older hardware store in a tiny nearby town.
Now we have a prelit tree, but I sure miss those bubble lights!

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...