Monday, April 26, 2010

New Growth......


With all the rain and cool weather the evergreen trees are growing very well.  This is a short conical pine that is popular right now in the greenhouse sales market but I can't think of it's name.  I have two of these planted at the end of my sidewalk and they have done well.



This is the growth on the balsam pine tree that I brought back from Minnesota.  It isn't a strong tree, as I had two mature ones of these snapped off in tornado winds.  But they do remind me of being up north and they make a nice specimen tree that grows quickly.

As you can see, I am back.  I won't bore you with all that it took to get up and running, but I did figure things out with a minimum of cost to me.  I didn't have to buy a new computer.

9 comments:

The Retired One said...

I like how the new growth is bright green on the ends.

Larry said...

Hi Larry... one of my favorite things about later spring is the new growth on conifers... it hasn't begun here yet but it won't be long! Larry

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, aren't you glad you didn't have to buy a whole new computer! Yay! :)

I've always loved that fresh new green color on the spring growth!

Far Side of Fifty said...

There is an Alberta Spruce that is conical and short..but it doesn't look quite right...these needles look longer..at any rate the green color is stunning! :)

jennyfreckles said...

This looks so lush - lovely. I tried to take a pic of some new growth on some kind of larch whilst on holiday. They looked like miniature ice crem cones - so cute - but I got the focus wrong and they came out blurred. Oh well...

Glad you sorted your hardware out - nothing like computer problems to turn a good day into a bad one!

Alan Burnett said...

It is the strength with which the new growth bursts through that I always think is the true miracle of Spring. Such energy and such a desire for growth is somehow life-enhancing even to an old fool like me.

claude said...

Hi Larry !
Your post is very green !
Even with no rain here the nature is very green too !

Valerie said...

I love the many shades of green, the natural progression from new to old ... nature is marvellous.
Good news that you didn't have to buy a new computer.

Prospero said...

Surrounded by evergreens (much nicer than a stodgy computer).

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.