Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day and Monday........


My front porch is sporting three little flags for Memorial Day.  I wanted bunting but that will have to be for some other holiday. I will work on bigger flags if I don't find the bunting.


I bought some red, white and blue petunias Sunday to put into some container, yet to be determined.  I go looking to see what is available and what will work best, then I plant it.  Monday for the United States is a holiday and I wish you a restful, fun day.  The rest of you around the world I wish you a great Monday.

6 comments:

Sunny said...

I love to see the flag flying. We never take our's down except in winter. Your patriotic petunia's are very pretty.
Hope your Memorial Day is a relaxing one.
☼ Sunny

Anonymous said...

Your front entrance is very pretty and inviting. I enjoyed a ride through our town yesterday and seeing all the flags proudly displayed. Your petunias will be nice spilling out of a container. I hope you two have a safe and happy Memorial Day.

Valerie said...

Happy Memorial Day. Ours is in November but I'd like to join in with yours too

Russell said...

Hope you and your family have a nice Memorial Day. I like the flags and the flowers.

As you know, those petunias that start out so small will spread quite a bit within 6 to 8 weeks! But they are very nice either in a hanging basket or container or in the ground.

Enjoyed those kittens! Talk about blue eyes! Glad to hear the owner was next door!

Take care.

The Retired One said...

Very patriotic, Larry...love this!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your little Flags look great, those petunias will look great in a pot, I used to love planting them in old enamel ware pots that had a few holes in them..and were no longer useful for anything else:)

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...