Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday's findings........


My wife and I are gearing up for a two day art show that is to be the second week of November. I have been distracted with the farm work, cutting trees and things so I will be ready to get on it this next week. Full time work cuts into my art creations and I will just have lean on my wife to carry the show.  I will share more about the show later on in the month.


A medical update on my thumb.  I really never cut it very badly but it did loose a couple of layers of skin and I had one deep puncture.  I drug my hand under a blade that was coming to a stop from a completed saw cut. I have a lot of redness and the top layer of skin is not completed there yet but all in all I was blessed not to loose anything more than skin.

I have been going down to the farm to clear small trees and brush from an old house foundation area so a crew can open up the basement area of the foundation and fill it in with the bricks.  I have become one with my chainsaw and it actually works for me with a little encouragement. The area will be ready for them by next week.  I found some really interesting brick in the foundation that I will share later with you. Did I say that it was cold all week.  Yesterday I had double layers on and no coat.  I did wear a stocking hat as it was just that nippy.

I was told I was to be an At Risk teacher today but I am back at being a Social Studies teacher in the middle school.  I call it the great "switch."  The person who took the at risk room has less of a degree than I so I get to be middle school teacher instead.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Sorry to hear about your mishap with the blade... I must have missed the initial announcement. It's a pity there are no such thing as cast iron gloves. Have a good time at the art show.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are so busy! Remember to take some time for you Larry:)

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...