Thursday, May 10, 2012

First Peony......


The very first bloom opened yesterday of my many peonies.  Sadly the buds are all laying on the ground already from the weather so we will be picking them and making bouquets so we can enjoy them.  There will be a few upright blooms but they will be few.

The peony reminds me of the old fashioned flowers that I would see as a kid on the farm. Neighbors would share roots and the flowers of the agricultural community continued to spread from farm to farm. Many time the entire set of farm buildings and house are removed and the peonies are still blooming.




2 comments:

Michael and Hanne said...

How sad Larry!

claude said...

I just posted mines.
Pink peonies are very beautiful. That reminds me the pretty ones in the garden of my american friend's father.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...