Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Superstition".............


The iris is called "Superstition" and is touted as a black iris.  Actually when it is first opened it is so dark that it looks black but by the end of the day the  deep purple shows.  I bought this variety a number of years ago and gave one of them to my parents and kept the other two.  It is the most hearty of iris and puts out very tall stalk.  People kept taking samples of  my parent's iris and it isn't there anymore.



With the rain and wind being so strong the past few days, I had one stalk that broke off completely.  The stalk iwas so long that I cut a foot off it so I could put it into a vase for the table.




3 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

What a deep, deep colour - you could almost drown in it.

claude said...

Wonderful iris and very very beautiful color.

Valerie said...

Totally magnificent.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...