Monday, May 14, 2012

The Yellow Rose of Woodward........


It is a sunny Monday morning here in the central plains of Iowa.  We started off cool temperature wise but will be 81 degrees by the afternoon.  It doesn't seem so hot when we are allowed to have cool temperatures at night.

The yellow rose was a rescued rose from the garbage dump at the place where I was working one summer. I think it is a Knock Out rose.  I didn't get it trimmed back last fall on during the winter so the blooms are on the end of a six foot stalk.  After they bloom I will cut it back for the next batch of blooms.



3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely shade of yellow.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

George said...

I'm glad you rescued -- and photographed -- this beautiful rose.

Valerie said...

Lovely flower. As soon as I saw it I was reminded of lemon sorbet. Just the job for a hot day but not the sort of weather we've got.

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.