Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sweep the Floor..........


The dogs continually bring in leaves to the house through the kitchen and into the living room.  One could sweep three times a day as the leaves cling to the dog while they are out in the backyard and fall off inside.

When you view Chinese paintings you see long swaying branches with the leaves individually painted on them with single brush strokes.  The birch tree in my front yard reminds me of those paintings as the leaves cling to the branches as if they had each been placed there showing great pattern and good design.



Those leaves in the photo are not on the branches anymore.  I will let things dry out and then I will need to mow and mulch in the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely tree. Harriet drags leaves in on her belly fur!!!
We don't have many leaves down but the pine tree is dropping straw fast these days.

Anonymous said...

You have a nice selection of color leaves. Our leaves this fall were mostly yellow also. It is hard or was hard to find orange or red leaves on the trees. I spent an entire day in my area shooting fall scenes, but almost all were yellow.

Reflection