Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bales of Stalks........


It was so cold last afternoon and the wind was so strong that I stood across the street from the corn field and took a shot.  I usually don't use the zoom very often as I prefer to get closer to the subject.  The zoom worked very well as I snapped two quick shots and came back into the house.   The stalks can feed animals when there is nothing else to eat but  most cows and horses really don't like corn stalks.  The stalks can be used for bedding by different farmers which would be more available than oat straw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great photo and interesting info. It is getting windy and cool here this afternoon, too. Karen called last night and they were in the teens. Time to bring out the hot tea and hot chocolate!

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...