Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ripe Tomatoes..............


A few weeks ago I went out to pick the last of my tomato crop.  I thought they might go ahead and ripen but that doesn't always happen.  I set them aside out of the way and was not watching them until Sunday.  I was pleased to see that we have fresh tomatoes to eat now with more to come.  We had 8.2 degrees F. on our thermometer on Tuesday morning so they were very safe inside.  Yes, the nearby large cities were 11 and 14 degrees F. and out on the prairie we were a lot colder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo!

Wow, those are cold temps.

Take care.

Valerie said...

Great photograph, Larry. I am now visualising the taste of those gorgeous red tomatoes.

lark said...

Lovely shot! Would look nice framed, and hung in a kitchen! :)

ScrappySandie said...

What a great photo, Larry! Lovely bright colors...love the variety!

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...