Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Feeder News........


I really didn't understand at first what was going on here.  I had thought by viewing the small screen on the camera that it was dipping its head to get a seed.  Now that I have edited the shot I realize the bluejay is breaking the seed on the edge of the feeder.  The other one is watching the process.  I had put out seed earlier and there are not many sunflowers in the batch. Normally they pick up the seed and take it to a tree to break it open and then eat the inside seed.

5 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Neat to see them do that. Great capture.

Anonymous said...

Such a great capture, Larry.

The Furry Gnome said...

Have to get our feeders up here.

Jeevan said...

Beautiful capture on the feeding progress !

Cranberry Morning said...

Isn't that fun. I've watched that here too. They are fascinating!

Monday...vinca and tulips