Thursday, October 19, 2017

On the Road......



Driving to the old place to work and to move things home, gives me a time to see the area in which I now live. I see pelicans, seagulls and deer.  Bald eagles and hawks can be soaring above me. Once in a while there is a lone heron wading along the shore of the lake.  I have been able to see crops being planted and now they are being harvested.  Along the way is a family that raises cattle and special kinds of bulls. The two bulls and two horses are in adjoining pens.  The animals are switched from pen to pen.  The growth that I observed of the two bulls has been remarkable.  In the spring the two guys were thin and young animals.  Now that it is fall, they have filled out being very bulky and are now slow moving. I do believe that they are the offspring of the herd of cattle that is up the way from here.  That means that these bulls will be sold to other farmers for their herds. Buy breeding animals is profitable if you have a pure breed line.

In the photo you can see the whiter bull laying down and the other is standing.  The grey one has darkened in color and has a deep brown color on his chest now.  I at first thought he was getting himself muddy and then I realized he was changing color. The photo from the truck shows afternoon traffic as people are all lined up trying to get home. I am in line of a lot of slow traffic and I am not the one who they are following, wishing I would speed up. The 55 mph speed magically is 64 mph in the afternoon as those wanting to get home go faster than they are suppose to be doing. My commute goes through two towns before I arrive at our old place.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm a dangerous driver in that I am so easily distracted by the views around me that I would appear to be drunk to other drivers!

George said...

I'm glad you weren't the one holding up traffic!

Reflection