Sunday, January 28, 2018

Box Craziness......


What is inside of your box?  I have blogged this box off and on for years. I did take a break from it  for a few  years as I lost it. It had been put in the bottom of a cupboard and someone set something in front of it, making it impossible to open the bottom door.  The newly added thing to the box is the mouse trap. I don’t have a clue where it came from and at one time I thought it was old. The mechanisms of it doesn’t seem to be too dated so it may not be that old. I like seeing the picture of a mouse on the front of it to help the mouse know that he is suppose to eat here. The wood is not the usual kind of wood used to make it.

Here is the stuff that I have lifted out of the box. Not too precious but valuable to me. The box is old that I acquired for free from my antique step-family connection. The boys used the box to hold crayons and pencils and they drew things on the outside of it.  The youngest boy of the set of four boys is probably over 80 years old now. The next to the youngest boy who used the box is buried in France at a WW II cemetery, buried there in 1944. It just seems to be a personal item that I really like having around.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The box has a kind of sad story, but it is precious beyond belief.

Anonymous said...

I really like the box and its contents. John often buys boxes like this for a few bucks at yard sales for the thrill of the hunt. I have a very old matchbox that belonged to daddy that is full of little screws etc...I really treasure that!

Jeevan said...

We too had mouse traps similar to this and a box kind of trap... but rare mouse get caught. Love to hear how those bells ring.

On The Roof......

  The best place to park your helicopter really isn't on the roof but it works at the hospital.  They do have a ground area to land if i...