Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Life of Barney.....


Barnabas would probably have ducked his head if he knew a camera was pointed towards him. He loves the hardwood floor as it is cooler in temperature than the living room carpet.


In his old age, Barney is getting the best of care that his owners can give. He loves the new home and really has benefited from the whole set up of the house. The bad thing about the hardwood floor is the the slick surface. It is hard for him to get up from off the floor. We have bought more rugs than we need just to place them at places to help him get traction. They help him brace his front paws so he stand up easier. When he can’t get up and is floundering his dad pulls forward on his collar to help lift him up. He gets guided by my hand on his collar and now takes steps with me just having my hand placed there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome. I know you two love him and give him the best. We have a lot of rugs placed around to keep Theo from sliding. I wish you a good day.

Karen said...

Getting older has its challenges! I was complaining to our young maintenance man about how slow I am standing up. He suggested that I never sit down. No extra charge for his advice!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Barney is so blessed to have you, and vice versa. He is a beautiful dog.

Betsy Brock said...

Sweet old boy!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh what a sweetie- and lucky to have you near at hand for help on the slick floor.

The Furry Gnome said...

My sister has a Golden that must be the same age!

claude said...

A good life of dog.Long life to Barney yet.

Reflection