Sunday, June 24, 2018

Des Moines, Downtown......


The tallest building at downtown Des Moines is the Principal building. It can be seen from miles around. We can see it as soon as we get to the edge of our city just four blocks out of our town. The building next to it use to be the tallest building in downtown. I use it as my direction landmark.  The hospitals are near there and of course you see that it sits at the edge of all the cities main streets. If I get it in sight I know how much farther that I have to go.

The building with the curved section is actually the opposite of another section just like it.  The curved glass is a half circle with the back of it being a flat square building.  There are things that blocked the whole view of the full curved front section. The annual Arts Festival was going on two major streets for a four block length. Artist from many stated around us were showing their works. By the time we were through walking the whole display area it had gotten up to 80 degrees F.




3 comments:

L. D. said...

I did not mention it but we do have the luxury of living in a suburbia city and can drive straight south 9 miles to be right here.

Anonymous said...

How fortunate to be so close without the hustle and bustle. I know you both really enjoyed the arts. Thankful it was not hotter, but 80 was bad enough. Enjoy the afternoon.

Karen said...

It's nice to be close enough to visit the city whenever you like. We are about 10 miles from Louisville KY.

Blurry Blue Cup Day.....

 It is Monday and I am a little blurry eyed today. It is fitting then my blue cup is blurred a little because it is in low light. I was too ...