Friday, July 27, 2018

Monarch Mania......


it really isn’t a mania as I have only one monarch.  But it has stayed around and is now letting me photograph it.  It was early evening and the insect flittered back and forth from zinnias and coneflowers not bothered by my being there.


I have been seeing this one guy for a few weeks in my front flower garden but not in the backyard.  Now the blooms must be putting out more nectar as I am now seeing numerous kinds of butterflies in the backyard. The challenge still is having the camera in hand at the same time of the sightings.

4 comments:

Karen said...

They are so cool with the white on black polka-dots!

claude said...

Very beautiful butterfly. I have one in painting.
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

Jeevan said...

Lovely capture and i just enjoy the detail on the second!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great photos!!

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...