Sunday, December 9, 2018

Agapanthus.....


I have two agapanthus plants growing in big pots.  I move them in over winter and they make a great foliage plant in the summer.  I have never seen them bloom.  I picked up a bouquet at the grocery store a couple of days ago and they had a stem with buds in the mix. They are wonderful blooms that do grow in California like a wild plant in a garden.  They grow from a form of rhizome or root and I learned that the more crowded they are in the pot the better they are. I sent a sample of roots to a blogger friend who lives in Georgia.  I will be anxious to see how it all turns out for her.

No comments:

Great Specimen

  The variegated red twig is doing well this  year. The rains of little amount still did revive it from its winter slumber.  The bush was pl...