Sunday, March 15, 2009

Des Moines Botanical Center...

Botanical centers are so inspiring. They have such great conditions to grow most everything. Ours in Des Moines has canaries, finches and parakeets flying around freely. The birds aren't scared of the people and fly around looking for scraps of food from a snack bar area in the balcony. I always get so excited about planting new things and getting my gardens looking better. It is discouraging when the out of doors of Iowa gets to be 80 degrees and things don't look so alive. I try to plant as many perennials as I can so they can survive Iowa's climate and I don't get so much death from the heat.

No comments:

Clouds Above

 The morning is predicted to be partly cloudy. I think it will be cloudy most all of the day. We did warm up though which is kind of nice to...