Saturday, April 25, 2009

The rose....

This photo is on my Larry's Creative Zone. I really have the goal to have a good photo on my photo blog as an artistic expression and sometimes that hasn't happened. I have to get back on my goal.
I had a hard time getting this photo, as I needed to do a close-up, the rose is small. It is an automatic camera so I can't really control the focus. I find myself moving the camera back and forth from the object. I am still learning how to use this camera and it takes ten or more shots to really get a good, focused close-up. I think composition is very important too and this turned out great after I cropped it. As another note of honesty, I had it on Photoshop and had to darken it so the contrast would be greater between the roses and the white background. I never did get a good shot of the rose bud. As a life long learner, it is a good feeling to get a good result even if it doesn't come easy.

My blog about the rose itself and the gardening stuff.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I think the composition is perfect on this particular rose photo and the contrast is great. I think adjusting the shades in photoshop is necessary at certain times because it does tend to enhance those shadows that even the best of cameras to tend to miss... this is beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I also struggle with photography..but I do love the digital age..I can delete right from the camera and keep trying for perfect shots!:)

Crowded.....

 The tulip was up first but the peony is now spreading out and shoving the tulip around a bit.