Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gladolia.......


I planted these late this year but they still are doing well with all the rain. I have to pick them as the weather is putting them on the ground.

Those who have photoshop, I want to share something here about the program.  First of all if you have a blurry picture, not quite right, go to the filters and use the blur command once.  Then go to the sharpen command and more sharpen command.  Then if it isn't working and you may need to toss it.  I sometimes keep hitting more sharpen.  If you have over sharpened anything before, you know that it can turn grainy.  But in this cast the one step too far gave me just a hint of grainy but not enough that it took away the blur cause by the photographer. It turned the photo into a poster like presentation that isn't bad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delicate color. Really pretty.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

like pastel tissue paper around the loveliest gift...

Gigi Ann said...

What a lovely delicate gladiolus. They make such lovely bouquets.

claude said...

I love this color, Larry ! Very pretty !

Valerie said...

You certainly did a good job on the picture. It's so beautiful.

jennyfreckles said...

That's lovely - the soft focus is great and the colour is gorgeous. I like the tight crop too. It reminds me of some paintings by Georgia O'Keeffe.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thanks for the tip Larry! :)

Wall Sculpture

I remember when this artist was popular about fifteen years ago. I have seen his work in an Italian restaurant. The work was more along a la...