Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rosebush finally blooms.......


I moved this rose bush to my home exactly a year ago and it got very cold.  I was concerned about it surviving and had placed in in a large terracotta pot.  Then I  became brave and went ahead and planted it in the grown under advisement from others who live north of me.  I was so glad it survived the winter but it never put out a single branch for blooming. When it finally put out a late branch and a bud the past few weeks, it rained on the opening bud and almost ruined the single bloom.


It was windy and hot today and it did bloom out to look perfect.  It has some weathered petals underneaath but it is looking great.  I assumed it needed the whole summer to reestablish it's roots.  I will trim it down to the ground in another month. I do not know the name of it as I had purchased it for my mom so many years ago. It bloomed profusely in southern Iowa and I hope it will do the same next summer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet rose. I am so pleased that it survived as I'm sure it is so very special to you and holds precious memories of your Mom. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Jimmy said...

congratulations, Larry. You saved and perpetuated your family history.

Jim

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous pastel pink in color and a perfect rose! So glad it made it "up north"....wonder what the U.P. would have done to it? It probably wouldn't have made it after our harsh winters! LOL

Far Side of Fifty said...

Finally..a single bloom..but it made it! I am so happy it did..and the bloom is beautiful! Next year it should be covered in blooms:)

Alan Burnett said...

Near perfect shots of near perfect roses Larry.

claude said...

Very beautiful rose, Larry. The color is pretty and sweet.
Do not cut the branches too soon.Fevruary or March is the good time.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Love how the droplets of water magnify the color!

Fern Leafed Peony...