Thursday, September 26, 2013

Saving Seeds.........


Our neighbor gave us a melon from her son's garden.  It was one of the smaller muskmelons.  I liked the size and thought maybe I would try growing them next year. Two people can eat one melon at a meal and nothing is left over to be put in the fridge.  Saving seed from melons is sure easy compared to some plants like tomatoes. I can see that this seed was not washed well but I don't think that will be a problem.  I will store them in an envelope once I am sure they have dried out thoroughly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious and I hope you have good success.

Linda said...

It sounds really good, Larry, and I wish you all the best in this endeavour!

claude said...

I did the same, Larry. The next year we will plant less tomatoes to harvest some melons.
I saved seeds of green pepers and of different tomatoes.
Have a nice week-end !

Valerie said...

Yes, good luck with this venture, Larry. I hope you remember to tell us how things go.

Crowded.....

 The tulip was up first but the peony is now spreading out and shoving the tulip around a bit.