Saturday, October 5, 2013

Coke.......and nuts.



This is another shot taken while looking out of the garden shed window.  I think the coke bottle is dirty but it is what it is.  I am on a blog with fellow graduates of Murray, Iowa and they keep talking about going to a certain very small gasoline station and buying pop.  The blog is like a giant all school reunion as all ages of people write about memories of Murray and the school live. In the past students would put a penny in the peanut dispenser and get a handful of peanuts and drop them into their coca cola before they would drink it.  I think I remember seeing people do that but I never did.  I liked peanuts too much to take time to treat them to a bath first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this shot. I remember my brother pouring a small bag of peanuts into a Coke. Never looked good to me! lol

Karen said...

My Daddy used to do this. He talked about that being a treat some days when he was in the army. His other specialty was peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Patsy said...

I remember that, I don't remember doing it.

Dessert

  My wife’s cake looks so good. Me being a double diabetic it looks like a good way for me to pass out from extreme high blood sugar count.