Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hanging in There.........


The claws on the feet of a downy woodpecker are remarkable.  I am not sure while the bird just hung on the side of the post but he stayed there for a long time. A tree bark is textured so I can understand how they can cling to the side of a tree but being on the smooth wood was a surprise to me. Eventually he crawled up to get to the suet feeder.

3 comments:

Karen said...

He's a handsome fellow, too!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen their claws so clearly. Amazing!

I'll be taking a short blog break but I'll be checking in with you.

YOu two have a good week.

Valerie said...

Everything about nature is amazing, everything for a reason. The great designer knew what he was doing, methinks.

Clouds Above

 Sometimes the view really is all about the clouds. The sun is important but clouds take the show. We are going to heat up today and we star...