Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday.........


The rains are coming off and on but they only last a few minutes.  The iris take on a shimmering look as they react to the moisture.  This iris in the commercial world is called "Superstition." Other companies who sell the copied variety call it the "Black Iris."   It really is darkest when it is in the bud stage but as you can see many colors reflect off of it surface. It turns to more of a purple as it ages. I had given a start of this to my parents many years ago and I had kept one from the package.  Mine eventually died out from to much moisture. I retrieved a start from the parent's home and am back into business growing it.  It is a hybrid that really does grow in a circular pattern with the base of the plant growing from a center point leaving an empty spot on the ground in the middle.

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

What a stunning bloom! I love the color!

Anonymous said...

A very special bloom.
Hope you two had a nice day.

Weekends....

 When I return from home to go to the hospital on a week day I can't find a place to park. Here is where I parked on a Friday morning, w...