Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bumble and Honey Bee......


I have seen a lot of bumble bees this year.  They are feeding on the coneflowers and also the mint blossoms that are in the area. The mint put out a great smell while looking at the coneflowers.


A second photo today that is showing the honey bee at work. I have a friend that lives across town who maintains three bee hives.  I bet this guy came from one of his hives.  I thought the winter would have been hard on his hives but he said they had survived.  He keeps adding boxes of frames for making more honey. I also think he bought a new queen bee for one of his hives as he thought the queen he had was too old.  One hundred dollars buys you a queen bee these days.

3 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

distant cousins? ha.

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic photos, Larry. I have several blog friends who have bees/honey - that has always been interesting to me.

Jeevan said...

First time hearing about buying queen bee! Beautiful captures

Dog with Person

     The person looks at her cell phone while the dog leads the way. That style of apartment building has a mansard roof. They are not built...