Friday, September 5, 2014

Corn Rows and More Corn Rows.........






It is a two photo day for a one photo a day blog.  I ventured over to the cornfield across the street to see what was happening in the agricultural world.  I had not actually walked over to see the development but yesterday I did make it into the field.

I was surprised to see the morning glories were doing well throughout the whole field, especially along the edges.  I really don't think today's machinery is bothered by the glories but I still hear some farm people automatically complain about them.  The chemicals keep the big weeds down and they are the ones that wreck things when they get into a combine. I mentioned before that this variety of corn has only one ear per stalk compared to last year where there was one large ear and a small ear per stalk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the corn field and I love those morning glories.

claude said...

I have the same ones near my backyard. I do not know if they are some flowers. I do not believe that.
Happy week-end, Larry !

Jeevan said...

Excellent compos on the corn field! Glad to see morning glories thrive along with them

Glennis said...

Interesting I thought all corn had 2 ears of almost the same size, as is the case in this country. I like the morning glory twined around the stalks.

Fern Leafed Peony...