Sunday, March 15, 2015

Back and Forth......


Right after I finished my blog yesterday this nuthatch started putting on a show.  He found a vacant feeder with a cup of fresh seed.  The bird acted normally by picking out a seed and darted into a tree. There the bird would open it and eat it. Being that there were no other birds to crowd it out, the bird just kept darting in and out.  I stood there with the camera and waited.  It was less than 30 seconds per visit as the darting in and out continually. I finally quit shooting pictures after four or five minutes.


The nuthatch is a hard bird to photograph as it is on the move continually.  With ever good shot I got the next shot was a picture vacant of any bird, or maybe just a blur of a bird.  I just kept snapping and the ones that  had a bird in it I kept and felt I had success. The bird gave me a good time at the window.

3 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

You got a few good ones! They really are fast, aren't they? I think they are so cute, though.

Valerie said...

I can never get a shot of the nuthatch. I suppose patience is something I need to learn.

A Colorful World said...

I know! I often have this problem with skittery birds!

Bouquet