Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday......Band.



I am in the band room today.  I will giving computer tests over music notes, fingerings and such.  It will be an interesting day.  What really impresses me is that this new band instructor demands that they put the instruments into the cupboards.  The past instructors did not and walking around in the room with horns in or out of cases all over the back floor was a real mess. 

The photo today reminds me of the sculptures that you can see at art museums.  The woman artists would fill cubicles on a large scale with blocks of wood.  The whole thing would be painted black with a collage of shapes all made out of wood.  Keeping it dusted for the museum would be difficult.  In most cases her worked looks dusty most all of the time as she painted the art in flat textured paint. 

1 comment:

Valerie said...

It all looks very neat. I couldn't bear it if I had to wade through instruments and broke something.

Wall Sculpture

I remember when this artist was popular about fifteen years ago. I have seen his work in an Italian restaurant. The work was more along a la...