Friday, July 22, 2016

Doves...........


The Eurasian Ring Neck Dove is a peaceful dove.  They do tend to travel in pairs or even in groups of even numbers. I am assuming they are in pairs of the birds.  The variety invaded this country from across the waters first being spotted in Florida. I don't know the specific dates but it didn't take it long to spread throughout this country. I believe I have viewed photos of ring necks in Canada and in England. Hearsay from others on the blogs say that this bird is has crowded out a lot of our smaller morning doves.  I don't know the stats on that but I do still see the smaller doves at my feeders and in my yard. I know when these birds are at the feeder as they are a large bird.

On a side note, these birds have good eyesight as they were watching me from the window as I stood in the dining room looking out. I can play "statue" and they do get use to my watching them.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

The birds are very like our ring-neck doves, which have just returned after a long absence to feed in the garden.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I could just reach out and touch them.

Burning Bush

 The common name for it is burning bush. The small branch that has changed to red gives me hope that the whole bush will look like this.