Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Complementary Colors........



The colors on the opposite sides of the color wheel are call complementary colors. I am going to call this the yellow side of the wheel.

Purple is on the opposite side of yellow. Both shots were taken during high heat and the sun was going down over my left shoulder causing great lighting.  It was too hot to actually worry about composition. I just did a quick "point and shoot" and I figured I could edit something out of them while inside in the cool air. The liatris is really being destroyed by the weather even though I do water it.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Liatris...I have never seen or heard of it. they are shaped like Lupines, but the blooms are not the same. You really do have such interesting and beautiful flowers!

Dianna said...

I was just looking at my marigolds this morning and enjoying how the yellow and oranges were blending so well...especially with still being wet with dew. Liatris is growing in the same perennial bed that the foxglove in my post today is in...with the purplish pink cone flowers as well as the daisy. I really do enjoy my flowers. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.

Jeevan said...

Interesting compo with colors… though it was hot, the light was effective over there.

Sharing…..

 I marked some hostas for a friend to let her know which ones she can get new starts from for har new garden spot.