Friday, October 27, 2017

End of a Zinnia Era.......


The zinnias will be cleared from the garden today. They have given me many photos throughout the summer.  I will probably have one last bouquet from them but they are really spent.  It will be very cold but the job will need to be done. I will probably plant another batch again next year in the very same area.  I will look over the seed and see if I can collect some before I clear it . It feels cold enough for it to snow today.  It is going to be close to a hard freeze tonight.

4 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Don't you hate to see them go. I love zinnias. So cheerful and colorful. Right now it's snowing here. No more zinneas for us. Have a wonderful weekend, Larry. - Judy

Anonymous said...

It is slightly warmer here today and rain is coming all day Sat.
John has collected a lot of moon flower seeds and pulled up the vines now.

Karen said...

Sad to see the zinnias go, but the smell of snow in the breeze is kind of exhilarating.

claude said...

End of beautiful days and end of the flowers.
I saw the moon "croissant".
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

Weekends....

 When I return from home to go to the hospital on a week day I can't find a place to park. Here is where I parked on a Friday morning, w...