Monday, April 2, 2018

Canada Geese....


The small highway pond that I go by as I journey to the old house had a variety of waterfowl on it. These are the only ones that I could identify. They did make a pretty picture.  I suspect these two will be the ones that will nest on this lake. There really is not much green in this landscape yet even though we are into the month of April.  I saw some white birds that looked like the size of domesticated white ducks, but I am sure that they were not that.  Other water fowl that were ducks were on the water but I don’t know much about them to identify them.  I live in Iowa were ducks normally just travel through.  I did see two pelicans on Lake Saylorville as batches are still migrating through the area. I did not take any photos of them as I was on the bridge and they don’t let me stop on the bridge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice and peaceful photo. I forgot to say on your other blog...there is nothing colder than an empty house! I'm sorry you have limbs down. That job of picking them up makes me sore!

claude said...

I shot somme of them in Yellowstone Park.
Thanks for your visits and comments on my blog.

Jeevan said...

Lovely capture on the scene... hope birds have a nice migration

Basket Full….

 My wife is in a health center, nursing home, and she was having a bad day. In walks an aid with these kittens. My wife loves cats and dogs ...