Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Yellow Bird in View.......


The male goldfinch is almost done growing out its yellow feathers. During feeding frenzies at the deck the house finch seem to bully the goldfinch away from the feeders. This one did sneak in anyway and I snapped a shot as quickly as I could.


I had to fill the feeder this last evening as it was being emptied down to just a bit of seed. I will have to buy more seed in the future. I do like to feed the offspring of the goldfinches as they bring them to the feeder when they are big enough to hang from the side of the sock.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

I am envious! Our Goldfinches haven't completely gotten their yellow feathers. Patience will bring it about though. :-)

Betsy Brock said...

One of my favorites...and their little voices are so sweet!

Jeevan said...

You got gorgeous photos on the goldfinch! It should be fun watching them come up with offspring

Basket Full….

 My wife is in a health center, nursing home, and she was having a bad day. In walks an aid with these kittens. My wife loves cats and dogs ...