Friday, June 29, 2018

Cowbird and Sparrow.....


I have learned this birds name just a few years ago. The cowbird showed up at my feeders at the old place.  I have recorded this bird a couple of months ago at the deck.  I did discover that the female cowbird is one that I will never be able to identify.  The females markings are all spotted and has stripes just like a sparrow The are larger than a sparrow but I don’t think I will be able to immediately spot them.

I was feeling badly for the doves in our yard as they couldn’t feed at my new hanging feeder. So I put this plastic container out with seed for them.  I did have the doves come right away and feed from it.  Seeing the cowbird was a surprise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty photo and I'm happy to know the doves were able to eat from the container.

Karen said...

Great idea!

claude said...

In winter a lot of different birds go to the feeder. Little and even bigger ones.
Have a nice week-end, Larry !

Jeevan said...

At glance it looked like a smaller version of crow... I know only cowboy :)
I too have bird feeder at our courtyard and no bird ever visited but when i put seeds on bowl, pigeon and bablers pick it.

Dog with Person

     The person looks at her cell phone while the dog leads the way. That style of apartment building has a mansard roof. They are not built...