Monday, October 15, 2018

Starting Out on Monday...


It snowed yesterday all afternoon. It melted fast and the hard freeze was not so hard in the night.  We have sunshine today with wet grass underfoot. Leaves are dropping and the wind from the north is cold. I made a quick run to the grocery store this morning and it is nice to be in an uncrowded store. I see that I have a yard to mow today and things to pull out of the gardens.  It will happen if it warms up at least ten or more degrees. The garbage is out on the curb and everyone is taking a break in the morning.  Barney has found the coolest place on the dinning room floor and we keep turning the heat down so he doesn’t suffer so much from heat.

I did see the hawk that visited our yard yesterday down the street, four doors down. He was on the roof and I am sure he was looking for breakfast.  I don’t know if his appearance yesterday keeps birds away but there are less birds feeding today. Fall weather can be so fickle and I am hoping some warming trend starts soon.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I like the coffee mug. Someone told me that Work is Worship, and now I learn that relaxation is an ART!! M&J are fine. They didn't get any damage from the hurricane. Thanks for asking. I am having to psych myself up to go for a walk in the mornings with the cooler temps!

Reflection