Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday.....


The snow scene from the village shows a girl at the top of the hill yelling down to others.  I had never notice that before until I took a photo of it. It is an interesting kind of piece to put with the village.


Signs that I am at work on something. I like having a portable, battery powered circle saw but I don’t get very good straight cuts with it.  I need to clamp a piece of wood or metal to help keep it guided as I cut.  I make do with it but sometimes have to cut a third piece when I am trying to get two identical lengths of something.



The beginnings of a made-from-scrap bird feeder is shown here. I am not completely done with it or I would show it.  I did get it done and placed it out in the yard but decided I wanted a roof over the tray.  When we get four or more inches of snow tonight ,  the feeder will be buried. I had a two tired feeder at the old place and I decided to let it go to the landfill. I am going to make a top piece that will set on top of the tray and will decide if I need to attach it or let it just be held by gravity.

My challenge for this is  "the nails that I don’t have."  The old place has every size of nail available but none are at the new place.  I have been digging through different jars and tool trays to pick up used ones and now I am down to using screws.

Another view of the collection of four. I should have shared it when I shared the two smaller ones but pictures get buried in the file.

As we wait for the storm to hit we seem to be comfortably stocked with food. I finally succeeded in getting my new, used snowblower started.  My son had picked it up from a neighboring curb where he lives. It was among lots of stuff headed for the landfill.  I didn’t know much about the machine, and probably flooded it.  I went to my Ace Hardware and bought a new spark plug. I replaced the old one and it started off right away. I thank you all for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Laurel Wood said...

Good Afternoon, It is fun to see a close up of your snow village. I look forward to seeing your bird feeder. John has what seems like thousands of nails/screws in coffee cans in our basement! Glad you are stocked up on food for the storm. Thanks for sharing the photo of the Angel collection. They certainly are beautiful and so intricate. Stay safe and warm.

Dog with Person

     The person looks at her cell phone while the dog leads the way. That style of apartment building has a mansard roof. They are not built...