Friday, March 8, 2019

Coopers Hawk.....


This guy visited our backyard again today.  It has been a while but I think he likes in the large trees probably three blocks away from where we live.  I still struggle with the identification.  He fits the identification of a broad-winged hawk.  When I read about him they say he not really in our territory but he could be.  I am reminded that it could be a prairie falcon but there again they are not suppose to be in our state.  So I will  just enjoy the one single shot that I was able to catch this morning.When I saw a shot of the broad-winged with a bird that he we was gutting.  This guy can do that in a jiffy and talk off and leave a pile of feathers. I have a friend that tells me it is a Coopers Hawk.  When I looked it up I do agree.

1 comment:

Laurel Wood said...

How interesting. Amazing all the different birds you photograph. I hope you both have a pleasant evening.

Basket Full….

 My wife is in a health center, nursing home, and she was having a bad day. In walks an aid with these kittens. My wife loves cats and dogs ...