Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Red Sticks of Beauty...


 At our old place I had planted a red-twig dogwood shrub.  I loved that bush and the city decided to clear all growth in that side of the street.  I had planted a small sprig of it  in in another location before the bulldozers came in to tear it out by its roots.  

 

When we bought our new place we did notice the blue spruce but the bushes along the fence didn't see significant.  The sweet victory is there are six or seven red twig dogwoods all along the fence.  When I trimmed them back a couple of summers ago I did lose one of them.  This year the dogwoods have turned red sooner.  I do have a new one in the front yard too as a memorial to Barney our border collie.  It has variegated leaves to make it a unique shrub.

1 comment:

Laurel Wood said...

What a blessing to have inherited these shrubs at your new place. That is sweet that you have a variegated variety as a memorial to Barney,

Life Flight....

   Everyday and night the Life Flight helicopter is in action.  One time when I was out in the parking lot headed to my car I was able to se...