Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Toy....Model.


 

My model of a 1949 Ford is called a "woodie" because of the wood panels that were applied to the sides. As a kid I do remember them as the wood was all faded and looked bad.  I don't know if they knew how to wax or use wood preservative at that time.  I think the scale size of this is 1/39. The model is black but most all that I ever remember seeing were beige or white cars.  This one shows only two front doors which made it be more like a cargo carrying car.  After researching this car I did find that the 1948 Chevorlet Fleetmaster was a similar vehicle.  It was more of a boxy shaped than the one made by Ford.  I also found that this model is still on sale today at Target. I have had this one probably for 15 to 20 years.

1 comment:

roentare said...

This is so classic. Looking very good

Blue Chair Day......