Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Peony Season....

 

Family history can live on with the plants from the past.  The red peony's original source comes from my Grandmother Brooks from her home in Murray, Iowa. She last lived there in 1972.  It has roots that moved to my parents home and then to my home for forty years.  I now have it at my new home planted in three different places.  The old fashion pink rose came from my old place where the house was over 112 years old.  The lot was covered with dozens of the old fashion peonies planted in various rows on the property. The owners of the old place have experienced two different springs being surprised as to what they have growing in their yard.

1 comment:

roentare said...

It is a national flower for China

Tall and Short....

 At four in the morning and one is walking the empty hallways, one never knows what the camera might shoot.