Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Solid Shapes, Forms, Texture, and Color.....

 

I have been involved with pot making for years.  My first pottery class was at ISU in and horsebarn that was converted into pottery classroom.  The building was brick and the floor was brick as it was used to hold the horses in the college's early years when horse and buggy was the thing.  Having taught pottery to students for 50 years I was making pots for demonstration.  I made a lot of pots. One can't display them all or put them to use, so the most are in storage. I did make a display unit for some in our art gallery. The top left pot, flat bowl-like shape was made in college where I learned to use a kick wheel to make it.

2 comments:

roentare said...

You are so talented! I would love to learn the craft.

Dianna said...

Your pots are beautiful. I love pottery and we have a friend who is a potter. He taught art at our local high school for many years and we have a good bit of his work. I really like the grayish color pot on the bottom left, i think because of the shape but all ofyour pieces are beautiful!

Informal Planting.

 Peonies crowd the iris as the gardener’s placement of flowers seems haphazard.