Saturday, August 17, 2024

Two Classics....


 


 Two classics in one. The glad was always planted in gardens when I was a kid sixty years ago. I remember when my Aunt Mary planted all white glads to grow to be used for her daughter's summertime wedding.  She had two special fan shaped vases to hold them in to a spray of white flowers. 

The other classic is the 7up bottle. I just can't throw it away even though it to is probably fifty years old. All pop was sold in returnable bottles or they were just tossed in the dump.  Some people collect older pop bottles.  I just have this one and it proved handy when I went to cut my glad blooms. The bottles didn't come with a charge on them like today, one just returned them just like one returned milk bottles for refills.

No comments:

Morning Sky...

 We did not get the rain that they predicted. The clouds slid by us to the west leaving high and dry again.