Thursday, March 19, 2009

Collections are great but they would be better if they were self-dusting. The center figure is one of my mom's planters. I don't know if it is very old but it has been around awhile. I am haphazardly collecting these planters. I think they are called majolica ware but maybe planters aren't dignified enough to be called that. I have bought a few on a whim and my mom had a few of them. The white pitcher is hobnail milk glass that belonged to Della's mother. The cup and saucer on the left was one of the many that my mom had collected. The Mother Goose and her baby is one of a collection I bought for Della a long time ago when precious moments figures were so popular. The expressions on the faces of both of the two are great. In the case is a little boy figure that is taking a somersault and is from the country kids collection which I didn't buy very many for my wife. It was a fluke purchase. The carnival glass container with lid was a wedding present to us almost 25 years ago in June. Anyway, the duck is a part of a larger collection that I will share as time goes by and the desk was Della's mom's.

No comments:

Peony and Tulips....

  The flowers are getting a gentle rain this morning.  It  makes the soil and sub soil happier as our drought is less these days.