Friday, March 13, 2009

Kalanchoe and Jade...


Kal*an*cho*e
We pronounce it incorrectly all the time so it is hard to say it the right way. This is not a very professional shot but I wanted to show you what I found as a surprise a few weeks ago during a snow storm. These are plants salvaged from funeral flowers. I put a Jade plant and a Kalanchoe together in new soil and have left it alone in my east window for quite some time. I have not been watering my plants as well as I should but this is the kind of plant that doesn't want water. So while I was watering the plants a couple of weeks ago because they were all wilted, I saw this glowing yellow against the window. I turned it around and the plant had put out flowers and they were all pressed against the window begging for light. As you can see from the picture the earth is tilting back and we are have spring-like lighting now. The plant really likes it too.
The reason I said it was less professional as you can see in the picture our weather adviser warning device to let us know when the next tornado or thunderstorm is approaching. Not looking forward to that season, but love the yellow flowers on this plant.

No comments:

Reflection