Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bridge to where.....


This is a photo I took of my bridge in my garden a few years back. The picture has been treated with special effects from my Photoshop program. The program has many different filters that allows you to change a photo into a poster like picture. I took a sixteen hour course on the program and since then it has been upgraded at least three times.
The bridge was given to me by one of the junior class sponsors at the school where I worked. I was conned into painting a very large mural for the prom of many French storefronts. I really liked doing it, but the day we painted them, I ran a normal class load of students coming in and out for class. I also had a half dozen of juniors and a junior mother in there assisting in the painting of the mural sections. It was a circus, and I work well that way, but at the end of the day it is time to have brain surgery. I probably had a sign or my back that said super stupid.
The bridge, which had been used as a backdrop for couples photos, was given to me rather that send it to the dump. It was also a guilt gift from that sponsor who knew what that class had done to me.
I felt self-conscience about it for a while out there but now it looks pretty natural. I plan to plant a small growing plant, I don't know what, to depict a river or stream going under or through it. Also by another year I am going to have to replace the floor of it as the wood that was used was just intended for a prom and not for weathering out side in the weather.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ajuga 'Chocolate Chip' may do well under that bridge..it takes any light conditions..sun to shade. Blooms in early June beautiful blue flowers..and then after that the foliage looks great. It spreads by runners on top of the soil..so some well placed plants and you should be set..you could always intersperse some annuals for longer color..blue flowers are tough to come by..Lobelia is so water driven and poops out in the heat..I am thinking that Dust Miller might look pretty cool..the silvery gray may be just the ticket. I am going to check out your other blog.. your photographs are lovely here.. I especially liked the Echinacea and the Butterfly,and your cupola (I was coveting it) and your Tomato Photo made my mouth water:)

L. D. said...

Thanks for the ideas for plants. Experienced suggestions are better than spending time just looking around, even though that is fun. These blogs are going to force me to look for more things to shoot. I really am enjoying see how everyone else is doing and getting good ideas.It is also fun to keep track of the weather in Minnesota.

Reflection