Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hostas and flag iris....


I love how the back yard garden is so depressing and then all of a sudden it looks great back there. I have a border collie, Barney, who visits out there a lot and the beauty of that area has changed. I have added many perennials and once they get up it is looks great. I have an area that is full of orchard grass and alums. Once the alums are through blooming, I am going to gut the whole area and start over with more perennials. I think it will be fun to just salvage stuff from other areas. I just thought that peony bushes would be tough enough for Barney. I have had to substitute teach the past few days, but soon I will get back to taking photos for photography sake and leave the gardening problems to my other blog.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Your yard must be beautiful! My wife and I aren't so great with flowers and ornamentals ... yet.

Reflection