Friday, June 19, 2009

J C Nichols....


A very wealthy man by the name of JC Nichols, decided that he wanted to bring Spain home with him to Kansas City. During the thirties he started building the very first shopping mall that was named Country Club Plaza. It consists of many Spanish designed buildings with towers that are recreated from real towers in Spain and covers 45 acres. Ceramic tile enhance the sides of the buildings and there are probably one hundred fountains scattered throughout the area, Spanish style and many statures incorporated. He also didn't believe in charging for parking, so their are scattered parking ramps built in among all of the buildings.More pictures to come.

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Spain is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The Gaudy Park Qua (sp?) in Barcelona is one of the most amazing architectural parks and garden I have ever seen. I dream about it still.

L. D. said...

I have a few more of these towers and domes to share as time goes by, it would have been nice to stay a half day more and just photograph the whole area. I think I will create some paintings from these architectural shots. I will look up the park on the net and see what you have seen.

Big and Small...

 The miniature daffodils are so petite compared to the normal sized daffodil. I don't think I have ever brought the small ones inside be...